PDA

View Full Version : My personal favorite game for the PS2.

Prime Administrator
09-13-2010, 05:44 AM
Xenosaga

parts:

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/6/6b/Xenosaga1box.jpg

http://www.gametab.com/images/ss/ps2/2744/box-l.jpg

http://media.giantbomb.com/uploads/0/6384/612669-xeno3boxart_large.jpg

It's got everything I look for in a Sci-Fi video game RPG.
A great story, good CG (computer graphics), excellent VAs (voice actors), and good game-mechanix.

The games are currently out of print but maybe available at your local gamestore and/or ebay.

The strategy guides are a must for these games and although you can play any one of them as a standalone game it is better to play all three for the maximum enjoyment of the story.

And Kosmos....
http://www.videogamegirlsdb.com/gamegirl/Images/Xenosaga/KOS-MOS/Kos-mos_Xenosaga_02.jpg

Rai
10-25-2010, 12:59 AM
And Kosmos....

And chaos.

To be more serious.... Xenosaga is a very good trilogy. Although they were originally going for Six Episodes, they had to cut that in half due to budget concerns. Regardless of that small fact it's a very fun, enjoyable game. Although forgetting to save is a thoroughly bad move because it can quickly lead to frustration when you're grinding.

More-or-less, my favorite characters would have to chaos and Albedo.

I give this game a 8.8 / 10 game score.

Prime Administrator
12-23-2010, 08:43 AM
Chaos is really a cool character, we agree there.

Have you ever played Xenogears?

It's a similar game made by the same gentleman that created Xenosaga.
It was supposed to be 5 games, but he ran into the problem of the PS2 coming out before he got the green light to finish the saga on the PS1.
Poor guy doesn't seem to have had much luck with completing his game-series on either platform.
It's too bad because both were very good IMHO.

I'm hoping we get a Xenosaga type game trilogy for the PS3 or Xbox 360 before the next generation of consoles comes out.
That whole style of pseudo-metaphysical sci-fi world is very attractive to me.

GarrySmith
12-28-2010, 06:29 AM
I have one PS2 game. In my PS2 favorite game is Hack 4 game. This game is very interesting to play.

Prime Administrator
12-28-2010, 06:45 AM
I also enjoyed the .Hack Sign series of games when they game out years ago.
Although, you may want to check out your local GameStop or online via ebay to get the other three volumes of the series.
If you play the game from Vol 1, you can transfer all of your experience points, level, equipment, and items to each new volume via your memory card.
This makes the whole game quite fun to play.

Oh, and welcome to the boards Garry :)

Rai
01-30-2011, 06:18 AM
Have you ever played Xenogears?

I'm afraid I can't find any copies, and even then I am rather spoiled on graphics. I guess (in a way) I'm more of a pseudo-gamer because I never played older games like Xenogears or Breath of Fire. The only ones I have played are the Fire Emblems that came out for America (Sacred stones, for example.)

rajusohi1
02-07-2011, 10:10 AM
My favorite games are :-
Max Payne 2
Call of duty MW 2
Battlefield 1942

arnoldchouhan
02-08-2011, 07:04 AM
GTA 4 is my favorite game of PS2.

vjukumar1
02-09-2011, 12:39 PM
Taken three is my favorite PS2

thomaspaul
02-23-2011, 03:55 AM
My favorite PS2 game is Max Payne 2. It is action shooter game. I want to play Max Payne 3.

xX_FLAR3_Xx
04-12-2011, 11:04 PM
I have to agree with you there Prime, that Xenosaga is a good game and I love it (Even though I'm still on the first game).
I have all three games and they are both undamaged (Find that easy to believe?).

When I first started to play this game I was like "Wow hot chicks with big guns!" then "Holy crap, hot chicks with big guns AND mechs, tell me this does not get better!?" good times...good times. (Gotta bust out the Xenosaga to finish it, lazy self that I am.)

Prime Administrator
04-13-2011, 12:36 AM
Real life certainly can put a damper on video game fun. :p

I still need to buy Halo ODST and Reach.
They look really fun, but I only have Halo 1,2, and 3.
Another series that looks like fun is Fallout, but I've no time to play.
Between my other business, Yesod Publications, and this website, I'm swamped. :biggrin:

Esiqa
05-23-2011, 12:10 PM
I have PS2 and my favorite game in that is PS2 - Shadow of The Collusus

thomastom682
08-29-2011, 05:13 AM
Crysis 2
Mafia 2
Resident Evil 5

Deandre
11-25-2011, 03:50 PM
Yeah my favorite game for PS2 is
Tekken 3
Asphalt 5
MaxPayne 2

nikii
12-16-2011, 03:13 PM
Xeno saga And Taken 3

"My hand eye co-ordination was improved incredibly from playing lots of video games in my teen years. There are actually a lot of careers that you will have an edge over others in if you have extremely good hand eye co-ordination. i.e. airplane pilot and almost anything using a computer."

Leonel
12-27-2011, 04:56 PM
My favorite games for the PS 2 were
Tekken 3
Max payne
Need for speed undercover

Brycen
02-09-2012, 02:26 PM
My favorite game for the PS 2 is Need for Speed The Undercover and i enjoy this game very much.I have beaten in this game more than the three times.

MichelPonting
02-10-2012, 07:45 AM
My favorite PS2 games are Need For Speed & Resident Evil 5. Both of the games are my favorite. While playing these games my interest reached at the top.

jonydec
06-10-2012, 10:40 AM
I'd unfortunately have to acknowledge even though I'm somewhat of a Panasonic fanboy in a feeling. I never possessed a Dreamcast but I sure as terrible had fun enjoying my buddy's Dreamcast