Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Code Geass discussion Thread

Nexus VIP Member rank = Malchut (Initiate of the Kingdom)
    Good point. The overall narrative of DoD is fine; there are just a few moments that are out of character, for instance.

Moderator rank = Yesod (foundational Acolyte) LadyWarrior's Avatar
    On the wrong planet, in the wrong time frame, and in the wrong body.
    Kodai,
    I want to say how much I enjoyed reading Chronicles of Tartarus. I liked how the first few chapters were kind of easygoing and then the main story got going more and more with each chapter until the later ones were all the continuation of your story (from Dirge of Daedalus).
    I like Rai a lot, he's a very cool character. Love his geass and the way you incorporated songs into the story.
    Cute idea with Lelouch's harem of women, especially the girls being his armor, shield, and sword. I liked your reason for why he "killed" himself in the series (because Shirley was dead). And I loved the dialogue with Enoch calling Kallen his number two honey - that's a great part.
    I noticed a neat 3-way parallel in chapter 8 where you have Lelouch say "I'm coming, C2.", then Kallen says "You're not going without me, Lulu." and later about chasing after him "Then we had better get moving!", and then Shirley says "Hang on, Lelouch, I'm coming!" Those are all very similiar sentiments and it's cool because it happens to be those four characters involved (Lelouch and his harem)...But, it's too bad that you didn't have Kallen say "I'm coming" in some way because then I could have made a cheesy sexual comment here! Oh, well.
    Again, thanks for wiriting!!

-LadyWarrior
    Last edited by LadyWarrior; 10-23-2010 at 04:02 AM.
    "It is one thing to show a man that he is in error, and another to put him in possession of the truth."
    - John Locke

Nexus VIP Member rank = Malchut (Initiate of the Kingdom) Rai's Avatar
    Why the heck do some people (not many thankfully) have such a problem with Enoch?
    I don't have a problem with Enoch, although the outward dislike for him may be because people find him ordinary or simply take-the-stage. Enoch seems like a character in his own right and I don't see the hate for him.

I have to admit though Kodai you should be abit more tact with those words. Don't be too opinionating or you'll come off as insulting.

Good luck Kodai.

Super Moderator rank = Hod (acknowledged Novice) Kodai Okuda's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Yeah I know I can be obnoxious when I get a bee in my bonnet over something.
    LadyWarrior says my "FU" to the critics was too harsh and it probably was.
    If I offended you then you have my apologies.
    Sometimes I just can't hide it when a particular thing makes my burns burn.
    I was being hammered with PMs in my inbox about Enoch when I wrote that.
    Apparently a whole new batch of readers at fanfiction.net had just discovered my story and some of them got cranky about Enoch taking center stage over Lelouch.
    I overreached, as I sometimes do, and I'm better now.

Thank you Rai for noticing that Enoch was intended to be ordinary, plain in fact, with a twist of awesome that only comes out when necessary.
    In Dirge and Chronicles he's supposed to be the "Obin Wan" figure teaching and training Lelouch to be a better person since...well...we all know Lelouch has issues.
    In Alpha and Omega he takes a "side-kick" position to Lelouch as Lelouch grows into a man.
    All things in moderation...

Well, Shirley's death was the first mortal blow. The betrayal was the final straw that made Lelouch resort to the Zero Requiem, as he felt he had nothing left to live for, as he felt practically abandoned. (Nunnally was presumed dead at that point.)

A nice little house next to river Styx,somewhere in the Underworld,next to the Pits of Tarutus.
    I'm really sorry! I didnt post in forever! 'mester ending, tons of tests and i had to do a rush job on my essays, i had two weeks to do five, luckily got B's and A's on most...
    When the world ends,it shall be reborn,hell shall rise,the heavens fall,ending all that exists.

Administrator rank = Hod (acknowledged Novice) Prime Administrator's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    No worries CodeGeassAddict.
    Semester finals are very difficult.
    Focus on your studies.

By the Way, I read your latest chapters and loved them.
    Keep up the good work.
    Cloud is very interesting.
    I like how he can disguise himself with a false skin, very nice touch.
    The all seeing eye is always watching.

Moderator rank = Yesod (foundational Acolyte) LadyWarrior's Avatar
    On the wrong planet, in the wrong time frame, and in the wrong body.
    I like the term "Dimensional Outlaw"
    "It is one thing to show a man that he is in error, and another to put him in possession of the truth."
    - John Locke

Nexus VIP Member rank = Malchut (Initiate of the Kingdom) Rai's Avatar
    I like Rai a lot, he's a very cool character. Love his geass and the way you incorporated songs into the story.
    Rai is a very unique character, and after Kodai is done with the Dirge of Daedalus I'd love for him to do a story path centered around Rai.

Rai represents memories, whether they be good or bad.

I'm a fan of Rai's geass too, Kodai was certainly original on his take of it. (I've stated this numerously but I think it's worth mentioning again.)

we all know Lelouch has issues.
    Well that was tactful.

I also have to ask you: In the most recent chapter of Alpha and Omega... Is this particuliar Thought Elevator the one Rai was linked (Well, more like 'imprisoned') to? If they are connected in similar ways like Geass Doors then I'd imagine you could use that as a deux Es Machina for everyone there to become aware of Rai's past.

Just a thought, since it popped up and I thought about it more.

Also, I can't wait for more battles. Specifically the large-scale kind. Good luck Kodai.

Super Moderator rank = Hod (acknowledged Novice) Kodai Okuda's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Loved the ballad Rai and the poem.

I enjoyed how well you describe the scene, the mood of it, and the subtle undertones of love between Rai and Kallen.
    Very well done indeed.

You've totally sold me on Rai x Kallen.
    They do make a perfect pair IMHO and I like that you introduced me to it.
    Thank you for that.

I'm not familiar with Blazeblue, but your poem was excellent nonetheless.
    Makes me want to check out the manga (anime?).
    All things in moderation...