Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Code Geass discussion Thread

Nexus VIP Member rank = Malchut (Initiate of the Kingdom)
    Quote Originally Posted by Prime Administrator View Post
    Now that you mention it, that's quite true.
    It is odd how Lelouch behaved in a manner more akin to a Daimyo then did any of the other Black Knights with the possible exception of Tohdoh.
    Lelouch was driven by a sense of revenge and honor, to the point that he committed seppuku (or I guess Hari Kari since Suzaku carried it out) in the end to atone for his crimes to exact revenge.
    I wouldn't call it atonement since he seemingly wanted to die after everything he lost (and that he thought he'd lost Nunnally). I mean, the process involved him doing worse stuff than he had done before in the series. It only looked like seppuku.

Basically, he was running away from his problems, though you could only fault him so much for that, because he was still young, yet he had been through so much grief.

Administrator rank = Hod (acknowledged Novice) Prime Administrator's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by azul120 View Post
    I wouldn't call it atonement since he seemingly wanted to die after everything he lost (and that he thought he'd lost Nunnally). I mean, the process involved him doing worse stuff than he had done before in the series. It only looked like seppuku.

Basically, he was running away from his problems, though you could only fault him so much for that, because he was still young, yet he had been through so much grief.
    That's true, Lelouch was definitely beyond the Despair Event Horizon by the time he formulated the Zero Requiem.
    Therefore, as you said, he chose to die to escape his pain more than out of honor.
    I guess I hate the ending so much (the ZR) that I've chosen to supplant what actually happened with my own idea of Lelouch's motives.
    Thanks for reminding me of what his reasons actually were.
    The all seeing eye is always watching.

That's true, Lelouch was definitely beyond the Despair Event Horizon by the time he formulated the Zero Requiem.
    Therefore, as you said, he chose to die to escape his pain more than out of honor.
    I guess I hate the ending so much (the ZR) that I've chosen to supplant what actually happened with my own idea of Lelouch's motives.
    Thanks for reminding me of what his reasons actually were.
    * bows *

I think some of the dialogue in DoD doesn't reflect such a change, though I guess you didn't have it in mind at the time.

Blog Entries
    * bows *

I think some of the dialogue in DoD doesn't reflect such a change, though I guess you didn't have it in mind at the time.
    Actually in Dirge of Daedalus, Lelouch has already gotten beyond his despair due to his time spent in C's World with his father, mother, Clovis, and V2.
    Not to mention the fact that he wasn't expecting to get resurrected by Eurayle, and steal her code.
    With a second chance at life, and Enoch's guidance, Lelouch came to understand that the only way to try and change the world with a lasting effect was to face the tragedies, mistakes, and problems he had helped create and correct them in an active, rather than passive, manner.
    Zero Requiem is a complete failure in DoD, thus Lelouch had to find a way to correct that major mistake.

In Chronicles, he grows even further, and learns to work as a team rather than always being in the lead position.
    By the time of Alpha and Omega, he is a leader, not due to his Geass or manipulation of others, but because he has earned that position by becoming a warrior.
    Lelouch of Alpha and Omega is what I envision a stronger, wiser, and more mature Lelouch from the anime would be like.

I wasn't referring to the despair, but rather, that he still seemed to have perceived it at the time as a well-intentioned attempt at changing the world. He didn't acknowledge that he did it because he was at the end of his rope. He was still all "I did it for the world."

Blog Entries
    Wasn't there something in one of the side materials that said he and Suzaku had to pay for killing their fathers?
    I was under the impression that was the real reason Lelouch chose death.

Wasn't there something in one of the side materials that said he and Suzaku had to pay for killing their fathers?
    I was under the impression that was the real reason Lelouch chose death.
    Well, I believe we decided there was also a lot of malarkey within that.

Lelouch's father deserved to die.

It was because Lelouch felt he had no one left. Shirley had been murdered, he was under the impression that Nunnally was consumed in the FLEIJA blast, the Black Knights turned on him, he had been forced to reject Kallen to spare her from going down with him, and to a lesser extent, there was also Rolo's death. All he was left with was a two other people who had also been seeking death, C. C. and Suzaku.

Blog Entries
    Well, I believe we decided there was also a lot of malarkey within that.

Lelouch's father deserved to die.

It was because Lelouch felt he had no one left. Shirley had been murdered, he was under the impression that Nunnally was consumed in the FLEIJA blast, the Black Knights turned on him, he had been forced to reject Kallen to spare her from going down with him, and to a lesser extent, there was also Rolo's death. All he was left with was a two other people who had also been seeking death, C. C. and Suzaku.
    I wouldn't say he was forced to reject Kallen.
    It's not like they were lovers torn apart.
    There's no evidence to support that.
    I think it's obvious she was his friend, he just didn't want her to die with him, and that was because he wanted her to live her own life.
    It's like when there's a girl that really likes you, but you don't like her, you let her down easy and tell her that you're just not the guy for her.

Also, CC didn't want to die.
    Her wish was to be truly loved by one person due to the fact that her Geass made everybody love her falsely.
    In episode 15 of R2 (C's World) we see this clearly.

So as we can clearly see in the anime, CC's true wish wasn't to die, it was too be loved.

Suzaku did want to die, that's a fact.
    However, even he didn't want Lelouch to die, but Lelouch insisted.
    I believe that was made clear in Okouchi's Mutuality Story:
    http://bwys.org/downloads/oneshots/C...ality_BWYS.pdf

Therefore, while it is clear that the ending of Code Geass (the Zero Requiem) was a bunch of malarkey, it is also clear that the ending was a jumbled mess.
    As a writer, artist, and now publisher I can tell you that when you have a large number of people working on a project the story tends to get pulled in a multitude of directions.
    Code Geass clearly suffers from this.
    It is amazing that the show was as popular as it was...so Kudos to Okouchi and Taniguichi for pulling it off as well as they did.

Blog Entries
    This post is for LadyWarrior.
    I thought you might like this AMV.
    No idea who the singer is, but the song is quite nice.

Oh, and for anyone wondering about my personal feelings on the Romantic/love life of Lelouch.
    This image tells it all

Code_Geass__Lelouch_of_the_Rebellion_395816.jpg

Yeah, I know...the harem is not even close to "canon" but I can still dream.

I wouldn't say he was forced to reject Kallen.
    It's not like they were lovers torn apart.
    There's no evidence to support that.
    I think it's obvious she was his friend, he just didn't want her to die with him, and that was because he wanted her to live her own life.
    It's like when there's a girl that really likes you, but you don't like her, you let her down easy and tell her that you're just not the guy for her.

Also, CC didn't want to die.
    Her wish was to be truly loved by one person due to the fact that her Geass made everybody love her falsely.
    In episode 15 of R2 (C's World) we see this clearly.

So as we can clearly see in the anime, CC's true wish wasn't to die, it was too be loved.

Suzaku did want to die, that's a fact.
    However, even he didn't want Lelouch to die, but Lelouch insisted.
    I believe that was made clear in Okouchi's Mutuality Story:
    http://bwys.org/downloads/oneshots/C...ality_BWYS.pdf

Therefore, while it is clear that the ending of Code Geass (the Zero Requiem) was a bunch of malarkey, it is also clear that the ending was a jumbled mess.
    As a writer, artist, and now publisher I can tell you that when you have a large number of people working on a project the story tends to get pulled in a multitude of directions.
    Code Geass clearly suffers from this.
    It is amazing that the show was as popular as it was...so Kudos to Okouchi and Taniguichi for pulling it off as well as they did.
    Sorry if I hadn't been clear enough. Lelouch had been forced to reject Kallen the moment the Black Knights put the both of them at gunpoint on suspicion that Lelouch geassed her into obedience. And of course, since she remained fiercely loyal to him, and he saw no future for himself, Lelouch had to turn Kallen away to spare her.

As for C. C., while it's true that she no longer wanted to die, I think what I'm trying to say is that she had lived for so long with no real place in the world, and as such, she neither provided any real inspiration or demand towards Lelouch to remain alive for him.

And I wasn't disputing that Suzaku didn't want Lelouch to die, but rather that he supposedly claimed that his death was punishment for killing Charles. Which of course is laughable.