Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Code Geass discussion Thread

Super Moderator rank = Hod (acknowledged Novice) Kodai Okuda's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Don't worry about the posting.
    The forum will live.

I'm happy you like the first chapter.
    The second chapter is nearly finished (be up by Friday or Saturday at the latest).

I wish I had the time to draw (for anything) right now, but if I get caught up here on the forum and with my RL chores I might give your idea a whack.
    Anyhoo, feel free to post your Code Geass R3 Zero Requiem here if you like, or any other fanfiction that you may feel like posting.
    All things in moderation...

Nexus VIP Member rank = Malchut (Initiate of the Kingdom)
    A nice little house next to river Styx,somewhere in the Underworld,next to the Pits of Tarutus.
    tyvery much.I think im goign to try making a thread myself now...
    When the world ends,it shall be reborn,hell shall rise,the heavens fall,ending all that exists.

Administrator rank = Hod (acknowledged Novice) Prime Administrator's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I have merged the Code Geass fanfiction discussion threads into one so that users can discuss CodeGeassAddict's new fanfiction here in this thread rather than spam up his fanfiction thread.

And BTW CodeGeassAddict, I read your first chapter and liked it very much.
    I look forward to reading your next chapter.

-Prime Administrator
    The all seeing eye is always watching.

Lelouch is more the troubled, "oblivious to love because he's been too busy with changing the world" type rather than the straight bad boy type. Which made them more a dual tsundere pairing, a la IchiRukia from Bleach, rather than your typical Takahashi pairing. Heck, before things went south as they did in the show's trademark It Got Worse fashion, he wished to return with her to Ashford.

Blog Entries
    I don't remember Lelouch telling Kallen he wanted to return with her to Ashford.
    I thought he said he wanted to return with all of them...shoot off the fireworks and so forth.

Anyway, Kallen is very hot-headed in S1.
    R2 is such a trainwreck that its hard to pin down her personality.
    One minute she's angsty about the war against Britannia, the next she's moody about Lelouch, the next she's a firebrand that melts Luciano into molten slag.
    That's the writers' fault to be sure, but it still makes for a very hard character to get a feel for.
    It's been my observation that fans of Kallen have certainly built her up far beyond what the anime supports.
    I'm not sure why?
    I don't see her as very attractive from a personality standpoint.
    She's too pushy, argumentative, and angry to make for a decent girlfriend let alone a wife.
    She's a fine Devicer, that's no doubt, but she reminds me of women I've met in the military...some guys might like that kind of person, but not me.
    It clashes with who I am too much, and I think that Lelouch's ego (which is strong willed like mine) would have destroyed their relationship if he had lived.
    Two strong alpha types do not mix well in relationships.
    I know that from personal experience.

A nice little house next to river Styx,somewhere in the Underworld,next to the Pits of Tarutus.
    Thank you again.My "chapters" are more like small parts,they are just short stories,but i like that you enjoy them.
    When the world ends,it shall be reborn,hell shall rise,the heavens fall,ending all that exists.

In a way, yes. But I think Kallen, like Lelouch, was tempermental largely because of the injustice of Britannia. Kallen herself got at least a couple of moments as to what she would be like otherwise, namely that moment in R2 10, later on when she was talking with Nunnally while being held captive, and when she was consoling Lelouch in R2 19 right before the betrayal occurred. I think her biggest issue is that she's a Domon Kasshu-grade hothead, which I will agree causes her to make some rash decisions. It didn't help either that unlike Lelouch, she didn't end up in any Moe Couplets.

I disagree, however, that her attacking Britannians with extreme rage constituted an attitude problem. Even a mostly sweet Type B Tsundere will have their moments, and besides, it's hard to fault anyone for wanting to go on a hot blooded rampage of revenge on a militia defined by injustice and arrogance. (Heck, it's part of why characters like her, and of course, Domon Kasshu, are so entertaining to watch as they rip their enemies a new one.) I mean, the Apologetic Attacker approach would never fly, since many of her enemies just plain deserve it. Especially Luciano Bradley, who had just threatened to rape and murder her while she was still being held captive, for goodness sakes, and was going to town on Zero when she finally arrived. (And that's to say nothing of Bradley's other monstrous qualities.)
    Last edited by azul120; 09-27-2010 at 11:07 PM.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by azul120 View Post
    In a way, yes. But I think Kallen, like Lelouch, was tempermental largely because of the injustice of Britannia. Kallen herself got at least a couple of moments as to what she would be like otherwise, namely that moment in R2 10, later on when she was talking with Nunnally while being held captive, and when she was consoling Lelouch in R2 19 right before the betrayal occurred. I think her biggest issue is that she's a Domon Kasshu-grade hothead, which I will agree causes her to make some rash decisions. It didn't help either that unlike Lelouch, she didn't end up in any Moe Couplets.
    In retrospect, I must confess I agree with you to a certain extent.
    The horrors that Britannia put upon the Japanese people would certainly make a person of her character justified in their anger towards the oppressive state.
    I agree that she needed a Moe Couplet (and definitely not Gino, I've changed my mind on that for good).
    This is why I am in agreement with Rai (Arbitres) that the Lost Colors character Rai would have made a good pairing for Kallen.
    He's not like Lelouch in that he's not weighed down by a Morality Pet, yet he is very much like Lelouch in his temperment and abilities.

It didn't help Kallen that Lelouch had a Morality Pet which I think is what interfered with Lelouch's ability to have a girlfriend, period (although I'm not so sure Okouchi meant for the story to be that way).
    Kallen reminds me of an older Asuka Langley from NGE.
    Since Taniguichi admitted that Geass was loosely inspired by NGE, it is possible that Kallen owes some of her character traits to Asuka.

Quote Originally Posted by azul120 View Post
    I disagree, however, that her attacking Britannians with extreme rage constituted an attitude problem. Even a mostly sweet Type B Tsundere will have their moments, and besides, it's hard to fault anyone for wanting to go on a hot blooded rampage of revenge on a militia defined by injustice and arrogance. (Heck, it's part of why characters like her, and of course, Domon Kasshu, are so entertaining to watch as they rip their enemies a new one.) I mean, the Apologetic Attacker approach would never fly, since many of her enemies just plain deserve it. Especially Luciano Bradley, who had just threatened to rape and murder her while she was still being held captive, for goodness sakes, and was going to town on Zero when she finally arrived. (And that's to say nothing of Bradley's other monstrous qualities.)
    I love it when you disagree.
    Because you have this way of enlightening me on what I get wrong some of the time.
    This time I do agree with you.
    Again upon a second look I can see her reasons for being angry although in S1 she is portrayed as ready to kill any Britannian at any moment she needs to, which is understandable considering what Britannia would do to her if they knew she was a terrorist.
    I agree that an Apologetic Attacker would have totally ruined Kallen as a character.
    I like her from the standpoint of being a rebel with a cause that's fighting insurmountable odds.
    What I don't like is this push to pair her with Lelouch.
    I suppose it's because Kallen fell in love with the idea of Zero, not who or what Lelouch actually was, and R2 was so badly executed from a story standpoint that it's hard to see a reasonable relationship developing between them.
    Her comforting Lelouch was no different then when CC did so after Lelouch killed Euphie.
    Now, that's not to say one couldn't have developed, but due to the timeslot change and thus changes in the storyline, nothing substantial was established between them.
    Only Shirley had any real romantic development with Lelouch in R2.
    C.C. had about as much as Kallen did in R2 as well, with the unfinished business of her wish sort of flying out the window to usher in the Zero Requiem.
    To me that's a pity because a love triangle between them would have made a nice shout-out to the older style of anime writing.
    But the story is at it is, and our poor boy Lelouch perished a virgin with no Official Couple at the end because Taniguichi wanted us to "decide for ourselves."

Gotta hand it to him though, that has kept Geass fans debating (well more like bitching ) about this show for over a year after it ended.

Administrator rank = Hod (acknowledged Novice) Prime Administrator's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by CodeGeassAddict View Post
    Thank you again.My "chapters" are more like small parts,they are just short stories,but i like that you enjoy them.
    Don't sweat it.
    I'm a write-aholic!

Love your set up in the second chapter, the end with Kallen putting a knife to Cloud and Cloud in turn pulling a gun on her is definitely a Code Geass moment.
    Your story is already got me captivated.
    Can't wait for the third installment!
    The all seeing eye is always watching.

Ngh.My story isnt going so well-its short so i planned updating it daily,but im being piled over with homework....NINE essays in one week!Anyways, in a completely different thing,you should raise standards.Nine posts and im a member! By the way love your story Kodai.did you recive my friend request?and BTW,whens the third story coming out?